Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Plastic Camping Stuff

Sorry I’ve been away for so long. The thing is I took on a second part time job in October. Even though it’s only eight hours a week - totaling my hours to some maximum of 26 - it sucks al lot of my energy. Sales of rescued goods continue, but at a much slower space. I also don’t pick up a lot because I don’t feel like finding storage place for new things right now. Then winter doesn’t help to take photo’s outdoors and list. But I’m still selling from stock, I have free afternoons, I’m starting to get used of my schedule, and I should finally start covering 2017!

So for the moment I’d better forget about all plans of long themed posts and just show a few items at the time. To begin with what went out of the house recently and combine it with something from last year.

Yesterday I shipped out this small set of camping crockery. The company that makes this high quality unbreakable plastic still exists, but by the colour I judged it Seventies anyway. I’m not a fan of plastic but it made me nostalgic of camping holidays and the pale yellow 1960-s set we used to have. That would have been a real collectible now.

This brings me to camping coolers.

After successfully selling one vintage cooler I dug up this one that was in my shed for over ten years. So forgot where exactly I got it but from but trash for sure. Never used it for anything so it had to go.

Then not much later the dump in my street produced one almost the same. Looking more scratched it was still perfectly usable. At a bit lower price it found a new home quickly as well.

Let me end with my eco tip of the day: did you know camping coolers make great thermal cookers? I considered trying it (or perhaps did I dig up the blue and pink with that in mind? - forgot), but not for me as I rarely cook, but if you’re interested read this post by Gregg Koep at Not Buying Anything. Great blog by the way.

No comments: